Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Overkill, or just too tall?


Off to Mexico soon!
I have been running around town with the kayaks strapped to the top of the Suburban just to make sure that we do not have any extremely irritating wind / strap noises. I do not want to be trying to find a cure at 6:00 AM on the side of the road somewhere in the Oregon Coast Range. One of the things that I found out is that we are literally 10 feet tall. I made a good size sign calling out our new height that is readable without my glasses and taped it to the dashboard as a reminder.
In addition to the toys strapped to the outside we will manage to fill the interior with more toys and clothes for at least four climate zones. Julie and I are like 5 year olds anticipating Christmas, or more particularly, what Santa might bring us. It is hard to wait.
One of the difficult things about escaping at this time of year is the intrusion of the governments time table into what should be a joyous time for us. I have filed and paid my FUTA tax, my Social Security tax, my medicare tax, Form 941, Form OQ, my W-3's, and I am trying to get everything together for the corporate tax return. The last is difficult because not everything I need for the business will arrive in the mail before we leave. I am trusting the Number 1 Daughter to get the remaining things into the CPA while we are gone. If she is still speaking to me when we return I will be amazed.
More later...

No comments: