Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tucson


On driving our leg from Ojai to Tucson we made it through L.A. without breaking any records. The traffic there thwarted my plan to enter the basin post-rush hour and breeze along at good speed on the 8 hour run across the Great Stinking Desert. Instead we crept along at a speed that a geologist would find alarming if it was crustal movement, but that in the real world where people actually live would be called dead slow. We lost two hours. As Alisha would say, “It’s sucking the life out of me.”
The visits with family in Tucson were too short, as always, but a good time to get caught up on our speed-talk skills. There was never a lack of stories, both current and old, to spice the air with and learn of the latest news from afar. For us, since we have almost always seemed to be the ones further away from the Arizona nucleus, there are always so many new things to learn about what everyone is doing. Since I did not take notes, much of it will probably be lost in my scrabble network called a brain, so on the next visit it will all be new news again!
We are still faxing and calling Oregon, trying to get the entire tax burden prepared before communication options become more limited. Alisha is taking the brunt of organizing the input forms. I hope that our efforts to pay our due does not go unnoticed by our elected representatives and that they utilize my money wisely for something like repaving the overpass at I-10 and Zzyzx Road (one of my favorite names for a road) to create jobs for this sagging economy. This post is getting out of hand and I am afraid where it might go next………….bye. Taxing blogs might be the next stimulus move – a useless verbiage tax would put me out of business.

No comments: