Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mexico going to the Dogs

This is our friend George with his two rescue dogs. He has taken on the care of five more in the fishing village of La Manga, just north of San Carlos. La Manga is a squatters encampment of considerable size, with a fisherman's co-op and structures of all sorts. The local Rotary Club installed a windmill and large water tanks last year in the first Village (there are three), and individuals have been trying to identify and coordinate the care free animals lest they get totally out of control. They are now fed regularly and he has had all of them spayed or neutered, but having water for them has been a problem because any container her leaves gets appropriated for other uses.
Julie and I poured a small concrete basin yesterday to hold water for the dogs, thinking that a few hundred pounds of concrete would be a little harder to cart away. I brought the materials and George brought a shovel and an "experienced" pick. I do not believe that George has used a shovel very often in his life because this one was short handled, held on by one rusty nail. Well, I was already on my knees mixing the concrete on the ground when the handle separated and the rusty nail is presumably somewhere in the new 5 gallon water dish.
George is forgiven because after the labor he took to a restaurant in La Manga overlooking the bay for a coke and chips with salsa. By that time I was too tired to remember my camera, but I will go back next Saturday with the biesbol group and get some good photos.

No comments: