Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Locked Out


For some reason Google had about a zillion people locked out of their blogs because they changed the log in procedure to allow only Gmail addresses. This put us poor folks into a useless loop with their help option, which continued to insist that a Google account be used. Anyway, they finally let me back in with my non-Google email address.

I bought myself a new, fairly complete weather station that is now sitting on the top edge of the viewing dock wind screen and I have been getting familiar with what it can do. It has a little solar array for each instrument to keep the batteries charged up and transmitting their data to the station located in my office nearby. I also purchased a program that displays all of the information on my PC in various graphic forms, and is capable of pulling in radar images and other stuff via the Internet. It is all pretty coool stuff if you are in to that sort of thing.

I have now purchased a web domain name and hosting services and am working on getting a page running that will give near real time information to me, or you, wherever we may be. I suppose that one could just go on the Internet and get that sort of information from an official weather station, but that would not be nearly as much fun. I will probably use the new web site to check on how nasty it is at home when we are traveling away to warmer, nicer places in the late Fall, Winter, Spring and early Summer. According to Julie there are only a couple of weeks a year that the weather here is any good, so we may be gone quite a bit.

Mostly I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to do new things with my otherwise atrophying brain. It's a journey.
My other Winter projects involve getting under the DeLorean to fix things that are now nearing 30 years old, and I can only spend so much time in contorted positions in one day without risking permanent damage to my joints.

No comments: