Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dungeness Crab

I went crabbing in the Siuslaw River this morning with my neighbor Dan and only came back with seven keepers. Actually catching crab is only half of the point though, with the other half being enjoying the beauty of the dunes and river.
The State of Oregon census taker was at the dock and duly recorded our catch, but the idiot behind us was caught with a native Coho Salmon, which will cost him at least $4oo, or more if it is not his first time. It is easy to distinguish between an illegal and legal Coho, thus the "idiot" title.

2 comments:

jes me said...

Nice catch!

Well, (sigh) I don't know the difference. Guess I'm an idiot, too. I wouldn't have thought to ask the salmon for papers. And here I live in the land of coyotes.

DMC Friend said...

A legal salmon has its adiopose fin clipped off. That is the small fin on top just in front of the tail.