Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Monday, September 7, 2009

Cleaning up in San Carlos

After reading the San Carlos Forum there is nothing new in the way of damage to report. Everyone seems to be getting into clean-up mode and helping one another. The Freeway, Highway 15, is still a mess, but people are able to get through. There was one report, or speculation, that the military is spread out throughout Guaymas to keep things under control, but that may just be guessing and not very helpful at that.
There are a few restaurants and hotels open, and power is back on in some areas, but water may take a while. Some wags joked on the Forum about how odoriferous gatherings may become until water is restored.
It is sunny there and things are drying out. I am rethinking my packing list for our trip there in November and think that more tools are in order. There will be plenty of opportunities to volunteer and if my Habitat for Humanity experience is a guide, there is always a lack of tools, or at least the right tools.
One of my "daily check" sites is the web cam somewhere up the side of the Posada condominiums. In the view of the camera there is a defunct hotel called the La Posada next to the Palapa restaurant on the beach. This hotel was the only structure in San Carlos in the late 1950's (?) when Chris and I first visited there with Aunt Joann as the adult in charge, with Steven, Tammy, Chris and myself as kids. I do not remember much about the drive down from Tucson, other than it was hot and the window mounted evaporative cooler did not help all that much. I do remember the first night in Sonora was outside Guaymas in and un-air conditioned motel, which prompted our San Francisco based Aunt to seek out other digs the next day. The sand at the La Posada was so hot that it was painful to make it to the water at my fastest run, but the rooms had AC! The restaurant was great and the water was warm. What more could kids want?

No comments: