Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Gimp

I had a benign glomus tumor removed from my right pinkie finger last week because the random pain over the last several years finally was too much. Alisha has taken to calling me the gimp because I have been able to contribute very little to the house rehab projects we started before the surgery 7 days ago. I thought that I would walk out of the surgery center with a band aid on my pinkie and instead they immobilized my entire right hand! I will, hopefully, get my hand back in a couple of days.


In the process of learning about the bandaging technique and the reason for cuffing me, I have found out that there is a band called Bandaged Hand. Not bad from what little I heard online. Just one of those random bits of useless information.

One of the upsides of all of this, aside from the obvious absence of pinkie pain, has been the the DeLorean is running great. Before the visit to the room of masked people with sharp knives and debilitating, paralyzing drugs, the old stainless steel car was running really rough and blowing black smoke. I knew that it would be some time before the Doc would want me to get my hands all greasy so I did a tune-up and leaned out the fuel mixture. Now it runs better than it ever has, although my assistant, Eric, managed to drop a 7/8 inch deep socket into a virtually inaccessible part of the Lotus frame and I am imagining that I will hear it rolling around forever.


Typing this small post left handed is very slooow, although my speed is up to maybe 10 words per minute now after my week of practice.

No comments: