Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Thursday, March 26, 2009

We’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto

The day after I went into the dentist here in San Carlos to take care of my broken molar, the Doctor stopped by our condo to check on me. He just wanted to make sure that I was not in pain. I was just fine, so Julie and I were out golfing when he left his card on the door, so not knowing why he had been here I stopped by his office the next morning to inquire. I was more concerned that my check had not cleared or that the casting for the enamel cap had not gone well and my new tooth would not be ready before our departure.

I do not know if everyone gets that level of concern and care or if it is only because I am a gringo paying a higher rate and might have friends in similar need. I plan to ask a few locals if this is common practice, but whatever the answer it is just a sure sign that we are in a different world. Dr. Hiram Martinez C. Duarte is high on my list of good people.

1 comment:

beisbolfan2007 said...

That's a great story. And here I thought it was neat when my dentist gave me a bag of pinecones for the fireplace at Christmas. It's nice to hear that such caring medical professionals still exist.