Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

McBama or O'Cain - You Choose

No matter what your selection might be my personal choice would be that you vote. Period. The above bumper sticker (for $4.99 on cafepress.com) is cutsie, but not true with its declaration that "they're all the same". Call me a cynic.

This is an historic election and time will tell whether or not the direction of this country, especially in the global perception, plays out well for us.

Regardless of who is at the helm after the votes are tallied, they will be facing a huge Federal budget defecit and record amounts of borrowing by the government, which will affect the agenda of the country for years to come. I was curious about who is purchasing all of the debt obligations we are offering to the world and got sidetracked without finding the answer. Did you know that there is a Bureau of the Public Debt within the Treasury Department?

This is interesting stuff, which is why I found myself sidetracked for too long, and it is something I will have to get back to so that I can understand how our sales of debt to other governments may affect the decisions of our government in the future.
Anyway, to my friends and family I just wanted to let you know that I wonder about this sort of stuff, in a rambling sort of way, and that every chance I get I cast my vote as an upstanding member of the Repmocratic Party. In Oregon we have this great mail-in voting system, which actually allows us to gather up an armfull of pro and con stuff on the issues and candidates, sit down at the kitchen table with it and sort out out how we feel about all of it. It is the best system I have ever participated in and it is hard to understand why it is not universally adopted. More rambling. Oops.

1 comment:

jes me said...

your post reminded me of one of Chris Rose's recent columns that Mrs. Beisbolfan chatted over to me (from 3 feet away)
http://www.nola.com/rose/t-p/index.ssf?/base/living-0/1225001051103470.xml&coll=1