Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fireplace for those next 200 Rainy Days



While I have been continuing to work on the maintenance of rental properties, I thought it would be nice to do something for our own casita so I am installing a fireplace where the TV used to be located.
Of course this work meant that we just had to acquire a 52 inch LCD HD TV to fit above the fireplace. We blame this need for a bigger screen on age.
I have yet to install the mantel, which I am building out of some of the Western Red Cedar milled from the trees we dropped when we built the big garage. And the hearth still needs to be added, but this is the sort of project that is best for our rainy days. It has probably rained a few more inches since my last entry on the subject and the ocean is churned up with a 16 foot swell and winds gusting to about 45 mph. We can clearly hear individual waves at night from two miles away when we are starting to drift off to sleep, as long as the wind is not blowing too strongly.
If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see my self portrait as well - if you look closely.

1 comment:

beisbolfan2007 said...

Wow, when we were there, your former TV was hiding in a cabinet. And the piece of furniture that we see you in was the perfect resting place for my enormous purse. Great fireplace!