Keb Mo

Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

What, me worry?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Florence - Rods N Rhodies Event



We had an Old Town Florence gathering of Hot Rods this last weekend and, although I am not a great fan of 500 H.P. vehicles, I do like to see the precise restoration work and remnants of old technologies.

At the end of the first day of the show the cars all fire up and cruise back and forth on Bay Street for about an hour, adding to both greenhouse gasses and the trade deficit, aka imported oil. This is great fun and the spectators hoot and yell especially at the convertibles because they can actually hear comments from the crowd over the exhaust noise from these monster engines.
Toward the end of the cruise I decided to head home and when I was getting the DeLorean out of the parking lot next to Bay Street a friend was retrieving a jacket from her car (Connie) and we decided to sneak into the lineup of the cruise. We made it down the street for 1/2 lap but were kicked out at the turn around point and I had to take alleys back to drop Connie back at the Grape Leaf. The Grape Leaf, as the name implies, has something to do with grape juice, but that is another story. It is a great spot from which to enjoy the festivities of Old Town.

This is a great weekend of fun and I spent nearly all of it hanging out and walking the street, revisiting the best examples........... here are just a few pics:





No comments: